How do I compose, delete and report private messages?
As well as writing and responding to public or community posts, HealthUnlocked members can also send private messages to other users.
You can send a private message to another user both from your inbox and from their profile.
Sending from your inbox:
1. Click "Chat" on the top menu. Alternatively, click here to access your private message page
2. Click the "Compose" button in the top right-hand corner of the page
3. In the "To" box, type in the username of the member you want to message and select it from the drop-down menu. You can add up to 20 recipients for each message
4. Type in your message!
5. Once it is ready, click the “Send” button
Sending from a members profile:
1. Go to the profile page of the user you want to message. You can do this by clicking on their name beside any of their posts or comments
2. Click the "Message" button on the right hand of their profile banner
3. Follow the steps for "From your inbox" from step 4
Reporting private messages:
If you receive a private message you believe to be spam or that is abusive, please report it to us by clicking "More" at the right-hand corner of any private message sent to you.
This will produce a drop-down menu; select the “Report” button and an email will be sent to the administrators of your community, and to our Help Centre, for us to investigate.
Deleting private messages:
To delete a message from showing up in *your* messages inbox, click "Chats" and select the message that you want to delete. Click on “Delete” and the message/s will be deleted. You can only delete the entire conversation and not single messages.
This does not delete your messaging history with that user. Please note that selecting “Delete” does not remove the message from the other user’s inbox, and does not prevent them from seeing the message. When you send another message to the same user, your entire message history will once again be shown.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this article, please contact us below!