How do I search for content on HealthUnlocked?
When searching for content on HealthUnlocked, it’s important to make the distinction between searching within your community, or within the site as a whole. This article is about searching across the whole of HealthUnlocked; for searching across your community specifically, please see this this article.
To search across HealthUnlocked as a whole:
- At the top of the page there is a “Search” box that should say “Search HealthUnlocked”
- Type in few words related to what you’re interested in. The search works best when you use few keywords!
- This will take you through to the Search results page
Once on the Search results page, you should see all the posts written by others across HealthUnlocked, that have referenced your keywords either in the title of the post or the body (highlighted in bold on the Search page).
If you look at the “Filters” on the right-hand side of the screen, you’ll see:
- All communities: This is the default setting, and shows you Search results from across everything on HealthUnlocked
- My communities: Selecting this option shows you Search results from only the communities that you are a member of
- [Specific community name]: Depending on what you have searched, you should see the names of various different communities, ordered by the number of posts that matched your keyword search. Selecting one of these filters shows you Search results from the selected community only
- You can “Sort” Search results by “Most relevant”, which will show the posts that closely match with your keyword OR by “Newest”, which will show the recently written posts that match your keyword
If you have any questions or experience any technical difficulties with any of this, please contact us below!