Can I complete my profile and stay anonymous?
Yes, you can have a completely anonymous profile even if you add and display all of your profile information to other members.
You can choose what is displayed on your profile, with a few exceptions:
- Postcode is always hidden
- Username, images and bio/your story are always visible
- Gender, age (we ask for date of birth, but we only display age), country, ethnicity, medical conditions and associated details and health interests can all be hidden from display by selecting 'Hide.'
Here are a few questions you should ask yourself if you want to stay anonymous:
- Does my username contain my real name or another piece of information that could identify me?
- Do I have a profile image that displays my face?
- Did I add anything to my profile bio/story that could identify me? e.g. if you have a rare condition and live in a small town, mentioning your hospital name could be enough to identify you.
If you answered 'No' to all questions, it is doubtful that anyone would be able to identify you unless someone in the community knows you personally and could pick up on other factors, e.g. writing style, etc.