How do I mute a user who is private messaging me?
If you would like to stop receiving one to one messages from a member, you can ‘mute’ them.
NOTE: We take spamming and abuse via private messaging very seriously, please report any material that you find: suspicious, commercial, offensive or abusive. The reported member may have their account banned. Take a look here for information on how to report a private message.
To mute a member:
- When viewing the message, click on ‘…’
- Select ‘mute’
- Confirm if you would like to mute the member
- A confirmation banner will appear at the top of the page
NOTE: You can also mute a member after reporting them.
Here are some important points to remember when you’re muting a member:
- You can only mute a member from contacting you directly (one-to-one messages only)
- The messages exchanged with this member will be removed from your ‘Chat’ inbox
- If you are in a group with a muted member, you may still receive group messages from this member
- The member will not be notified they have been muted
To unmute a member:
- When viewing the member’s profile, click on the ‘Unmute?’ button
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this article, please get in touch via our Help Centre.
Did you find this article helpful?