How do I mute a user who is private messaging me?
HealthUnlocked has its very own private messaging system where you can contact members directly or engage in a private group message. This feature can help to facilitate deeper levels of support and sharing of information and advice between members. You can read more about this here.
If you would like to stop receiving one to one messages from a member, you can ‘mute’ them.
NOTE: We take spamming and abuse via private messaging very seriously, please report any material that you find: suspicious, commercial, offensive or abusive. The reported member may have their account banned. Take a look here for information on how to report a private message.
To mute a member:
- Click on the private message from the member you wish to mute.
- Click the button 'mute' located at the bottom of their message.
- Confirm if you would like to mute the member
- A confirmation banner will appear at the top of the page
NOTE: You can also mute a member after reporting them.
Here are some important points to remember when you’re muting a member:
- You can only mute a member from contacting you directly (one-to-one messages only)
- The messages exchanged with this member will be removed from your ‘Chat’ inbox
- If you are in a group with a muted member, you may still receive group messages from this member
- The member will not be notified they have been muted
To unmute a member:
- When viewing the member’s profile, click on the ‘Unmute?’ button
NOTE: If you unmute a member, the messages they sent prior to being muted will be restored in your ‘Chat’ inbox.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this article, please contact us below!