What is People near me?
People near me allows you to see which members of your community are closer to you. It’s a quick way to connect with others who have similar health interests (identified by being in the same community) and similar locations.
For each person in your list of People near me, you’ll see a Follow button, which is a quick way to connect and receive updates about that user. And if you’re feeling a bit more courageous you can also visit a user’s profile page and send a message introducing yourself.
Please note HealthUnlocked encourages you to form a relationship before you share any identifiable information about yourself with another profile on your People near me list.
How it works
It uses the postcode provided when opting in to estimate the distance between you and others.
- It never shows exact locations or postcodes.
- Only people who have opted-in appear on your list of People near me
- If you opt-out you will no longer be able to see the list of People near me
How to opt-out
If you no longer want your profile to be displayed on 'people near me', you can opt-out at any time:
- Visit your https://healthunlocked.com/settings
- Scroll down to see the 'Privacy' section
- Uncheck the option "Allow other users to see my approximate location"
- See the green banner confirming your selection was saved
That's it! if you want to opt-in again, just visit https://healthunlocked.com/people-near-me and follow the instructions.